HomeMemberlistCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

10 steps to learn how to play quake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zomeone
- First matey -

PostSubject: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Fri 25 Dec 2009, 11:42 pm

Since we had some trouble tonight, i figured i should copy+paste this here. It was written by rbl, don't ask who he is.

Read it and try to understand it...

1 Find your team every time after you spawn and stick to it.DO NOT RUN AWAY when you've started to follow - your mates are counting on you. And follow your team fast enough - they won't like waiting for too long.

2 Avoid to fight alone - together we're the power.

3 Cover your teammates, so they won't get shot from their backs or any other unexpected side. Do not "line" them while covering so u can't be shoted all as one!

4 Rush only when your team is ready to rush with you. Rush when your team rushes, even if you think it wasn't a good idea. Do not "block" your teammates: if you're first to rush - go further, so your mates can follow, if you're last - don't get too close. Use "click" (use button) to as your team to follow you but beware DO NOT ABUSE OF THEM!

5 There are situations when you need to fall back. If so, the whole team, including you should FALL BACK together, no matter how much you want to kill "that-last-bastard-out-there". Avoid "lining" and "blocking" your team-mates meanwhile. Use "click" (use button) to as your team to follow you. I propose using 1 click to say "FOLLOW ME", 2 clicks for "RUSH or FALL BACK (depends of the situation) Again DO NOT abuse of them or else your team might might nottake you seriosly "

6 When you kill an enemy or see a frozen enemy - you are responsible to keep the body secure and give your enemies hard time melting it.

7 Melt your frozen team-mates after ensuring it's not a trap. Shoot them off any possible lines of fire before you do.

8 Probably the MOST IMPORTANT Thing : 1 ALWAYS MELT WHEN U SEE A DEAD TEAM-MATE !!!
2 DO NOT LET THE ENEMYS MELT !!!
3 *!FOCUS!* AND DON'T MISS TO MUCH !!!

9. Use RED bind with "ENEMY HERE" to indicate that you need Help in a FIGHT
Use DEFAULT BLUE bind with "IM DEAD HERE" to indicate that you are DEAD and You Need MELT!!!
Don't be lazy to use them - these may Bring your Team Many Points!(ALSO DO NOT ABUSE OF THEM but use them with sense!!)

10. Always Concentrate no matter what the score is,do NOT play by yourself and REMEMBER TEAM-WORK is the SUCCESS KEY

___________________________________________________________________________________
As an ending word...-Hope the best - expect the worst - prevent the desaster-

For all who played tonight please learn no6...no9 is pretty useless since we all have binds like that...RIGHT?
Back to top Go down
EDi

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Fri 25 Dec 2009, 11:45 pm

thx for posting it here zol, I would rly mark as big word: 6 When you kill an enemy or see a frozen enemy - you are responsible to keep the body secure and give your enemies hard time melting it.

Back to top Go down
maggot

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 26 Dec 2009, 12:54 am

well 1 thing i've noticed in scrims... mostly i am the 1 who's fighting alone at the end. or i notice im the only 1 defending bodies... ie: in game of 4s u got 3 enemies dead at quad, and 1 ally dies in ya, u dont nead all the 3 guys to go there. most likely the enemy dont try to come from there anymore cause he's been alrdy spotted. in that situation i'd (and most of the ppl) fall back and try it from dungeon or go all the way back and go from mid or mega...--> get all or just 1 melted... if u get 1 and get shot... the others still get timemelted soon... but no... to many times i see ppl rushing alone towards 3 enemies

dont try to take down 3-4 enemies when u are alone... learn RJs to get out of places asap ( i know i aint the best RJ! and we all do mistakes)
AND dont just mindlessly shoot at the direction where the enemy is standing... ( i know i tend to do that to, but that's only when get thrustrated to game (mostly by bad teamwork or im just having rly crappy game) but mostly i keep on trying to rly focus on my aiming and that my shots rly hit the target)
use ur mouse and aim at the enemy, thats why u have it. i see a freaking many guys "aiming" by only moving them selves...

wow that came out as a long post... but oh well. i guess i had a lot to say. lol

rabbit
Back to top Go down
EDi

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 26 Dec 2009, 12:56 am

^^

Back to top Go down
ShadoW
-MasterFagster-

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 26 Dec 2009, 9:11 am

I think this should be in members only area lol.
Back to top Go down
zomeone
- First matey -

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 26 Dec 2009, 10:07 am

no, cuz the nabs applying can't see it.
Back to top Go down
w00t
Gangbang Style

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 26 Dec 2009, 10:16 am

impressed

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Wed 13 Jan 2010, 12:45 am

Yeh you mentioned a lot of things that can sometimes be annoying in scrims. Razz
I would like to comment on your post though. In my oppinion its better to bind "clear" in blue since people already know you are dead from drawteamoverlay.

And also concentrate extremely on sound, most people just listen, yeh they hear and enemy and kinda know where they are. But if you cocentrate on it extremely you can pinpoint their location very well. Smile
Back to top Go down
zomeone
- First matey -

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Wed 13 Jan 2010, 8:38 am

Man i sorta confuse colours...so it doesn't matter to me Smile

Back to top Go down
Duke

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 9:31 pm

Nice hints.

Let me add something:

Don't care about the personal score. Some people rush, and they are good in it. They will have more points, but they will get killed also more.

When you are alone just run away. While the enemy is busy in running behind you, your teammates may have easy frags. Try to hold position if you have a nice place. For example enemy in yellow, railjump through hallway. They will try to get you but they will not. And they will not come to hallway. They will be focused on what you do and your teammate comming from rocket has easy frags.

Be careful with meltings. Sometimes just stand away from your frozen teammates, the enemy will shoot on the frozen because he expects you there.

Simply said: Don't go for frags and melts, turn on your brain. Quake3 is 80% prediction what the enemy does. Very Happy

- Giver o' Titles -
- Giver o' Titles -

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 9:44 pm

true true

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Fri 15 Jan 2010, 1:46 pm

good post Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Fri 15 Jan 2010, 5:12 pm

about that rushing.... When we are scrimming experienced clans (CF, HS and so on...) and ppl who have played a lot together we need to team up and go calm but still fast with precision. Like today when me, zome and edi had scrim with HS. we had like 5 times them all at the same time like this: we were "jammed" in a fight from room to room. others aimed at the door/hallway and 1 RJ's in (quad, yellow, plasma in dm7) from place where enemy cant see without exposing him self and getting (hopefully) shot. then enemy turns to aim at the 1 who RJ,ed in the room and at the same time others go in and get free frags. That is good tactic vs ppl who kinda camp a lot (as we all know, HS).

And ye... it has that chance that the 1 who RJs gets fragged and enemy gets free kill...
Back to top Go down
w00t
Gangbang Style

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:56 am

@maggot wrote:
about that rushing.... When we are scrimming experienced clans (CF, HS and so on...) and ppl who have played a lot together we need to team up and go calm but still fast with precision. Like today when me, zome and edi had scrim with HS. we had like 5 times them all at the same time like this: we were "jammed" in a fight from room to room. others aimed at the door/hallway and 1 RJ's in (quad, yellow, plasma in dm7) from place where enemy cant see without exposing him self and getting (hopefully) shot. then enemy turns to aim at the 1 who RJ,ed in the room and at the same time others go in and get free frags. That is good tactic vs ppl who kinda camp a lot (as we all know, HS).

And ye... it has that chance that the 1 who RJs gets fragged and enemy gets free kill...

yeh it doesnt always work that way sometimes team mates just hold back cuz they dont know what you are gonna do till its too late

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 16 Jan 2010, 4:59 pm

Also. lets say when you play a 3v3. Both your teammates are frozen. Always just run away to a place where you are comfortable shooting someone easely. Most of the time going into the room quick to melt both your teammates results into a big fail because 2 or maybe even 3 opponents will be nearby and kill you. So you draw them out so they come looking for you, they always come looking alone so its easier to kill them. And they are most likely rushing to find you so they are an easy target. When 1 is down you only have 2 to go Razz
And then yeh its likely someone is is coming to melt him, giving you time to kill the other one and melt your teammates. Or you shoot all 3 of them and feel proud Smile.
Back to top Go down
zomeone
- First matey -

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Sat 16 Jan 2010, 6:27 pm

i know a few places like that What a Face

Back to top Go down
w00t
Gangbang Style

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   Thu 24 May 2018, 5:53 pm

lets revive something old with something new

this was posted on facebook

Greetings Quake Community,

For those who also played for the second biggest esports league years ago and still want to save screenshots/demos from matches you've played check this out: http://web.archive.org/…/www.clanbase.com:…/news_league.php…

Clanbase is offline but you can still Navigate. Use the bar on top for changing year date. This may not work for every single Match which was played. 100 % Nostalgia!

Tears and goose bumps included

if anybody is interested.

PostSubject: Re: 10 steps to learn how to play quake   

Back to top Go down

10 steps to learn how to play quake
Page 1 of 1